Making the stove responsible for part of your heating costs is wise from both an environmental and financial point of view. If you light correctly it is a cheap heating method and kind to the environment. But there are many who do not know how to light the fire properly. Watch our film and get a quick update on how to light the fire in your Contura stove.
- Always light using dry wood.
- Let the door stand ajar for at least 10 minutes after lighting the fire.
- Make sure that the fire always has enough oxygen.
- Do not burn more than the manufacturer recommends, which is normally a max 2 – 3 kg logs/hour.
- Always let the wood lie indoors for at least one day before burning. “Deep frozen” wood ( – 20 degrees) means that the heat recovery will be very poor.
Take a look inside our digital wood stove brochures and be inspired by our stoves.
Use our stove selector to find the right stove for your needs, just in a couple of minutes.